Grant & Lyons LLP, is a law firm dedicated solely to the practice of environmental, land use, zoning and real estate law. The firm was founded in 1994 by Drayton Grant and John Lyons. Based in Rhinebeck in Dutchess County, we are a leading environmental and land use boutique practice serving clients throughout the Hudson Valley, the Catskills, and the surrounding areas of eastern New York State.
Our mission is to help our clients to:
- plan and preserve their communities;protect important natural resources and the environment;
- fairly and effectively administer land use regulation;
- effectively participate in public environmental and land use reviews, particularly SEQRA;
- obtain land use and environmental approvals;
- draft zoning laws, wetlands laws and other land use regulation;
- purchase land;
- protect land through conservation easements; and resolve real property problems (e.g., access, water rights, contamination, etc.)
We fulfill that mission by listening closely to our clients and communicating and collaborating with them. Working side-by-side, and using our experience and knowledge of the law, we formulate legal strategies to help them achieve their goals and to implement those strategies effectively and efficiently.
Our clients include: planning boards and ZBAs; citizens groups concerned about development; municipalities writing or amending zoning and land use regulation, purchasers and sellers of land; applicants for permits and approvals; and environmental organizations.
© 2014 Grant & Lyons LLP